Indianapolis – 90min
- Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
- Broadripple Village Interesting, funky shopping, art galleries and restaurants.
- Shopping at the Fashion Mall Keystone for all those fun higher end stores & catalog shopping.
- Circle Center Mall (downtown Indy) – fun for guys too – bars, great restaurants, & shopping for all range of budgets.
Springfield – 80min
- Knight’s Action Water Park
- Abraham Lincoln Museum and Old State Capitol Lincoln’s law office and post office across the street are also open for tours.
- Sidden’s Indoor Shooting Range Indoor, 75-foot range has classes, open shooting, and one on one instruction. Gun rentals available. FOID card required.
St. Louis – 2.5hrs
- City Museum A unique Children’s Museum in a remodeled 10-story warehouse that is physically interactive. Home to one of the only Circus Schools (daily performances).
- The Magic House
- Forest Park Larger than Central Park in NYC, this public park has miles of pathways, zoo, golf course, opera house, art museum, science museum, open space for picnics, and a boathouse with rentals.
- The Jefferson National Expansion Memorial consists of the famous St. Louis Arch and the Museum of Westward Expansion
- Budweiser Brewery offers free tours for all ages. See the stables, brewery, and bottling areas
Exotic Feline Rescue – 2hrs
This facility houses over 225 exotic cats, and is considered one of the largest rescue centers in the United States. Located in Center Point, Indiana, the rescue offers tours and even overnight accommodations next to a big cat enclosure.
Wolf Park – 2hrs
Wolf Park is a nonprofit education and research facility that studies wolf behavior, particularly reproductive and inter-pack social behavior. It is open to the public for daily guided tours.