Do you enjoy helping your teammates achieve their fullest potential? Making open world engines is a significant technical challenge. Volition has been developing open world games since 2003. As a result, it has some of the best proprietary open world tools in the business. Nevertheless, we are always driven to make them better.
The ideal applicant will strive to make our developers more productive and more capable at Volition than anywhere else. We want people to want to work here, at least in part, because our engine empowers them to do their best work.
We are considering outstanding applicants of all levels of experience. We are happy to hire both local and remote employees for this position.
- Developing tools and pipelines for all developers, from artists to designers to production to QA.
- Designing intuitive, performant, and powerful front end interfaces.
- Collaborating well with people of all disciplines, proactively seeking out inefficiencies and problems in existing pipelines.
- Researching the latest tools technologies.
- Writing well-architected code that is easy to understand, maintain, and extend.
- Demonstrated talent or passion for creating tools.
- The core of most of our tools are implemented in C++ with a front end created in Python. An ideal applicant is capable of doing both front end and back end work. For this reason, proficiency in C++ is required.
- If you feel you are right for this position, except that you are uncomfortable with C++, we still have great need of your skills, and we encourage you to apply for our Technical Artist position!
- Experience with major content-creation software packages (3ds Max, Photoshop, Substance, Maya, MotionBuilder, Houdini, etc).
- Experience developing tools for popular game engines (Unreal, Unity).
- Experience developing open world games.
- Experience developing AAA titles.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and code samples to [email protected] with “Tools Programmer” in the subject line. When you apply, in the body of your email please indicate your preference between working in our studio vs. working remotely. If it is your preference to work remotely, please also indicate which state in the U.S. you intend to work remotely from.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative, and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.