Website Deep Silver Volition
Volition is looking for hard working and detail-oriented Temporary Quality Assurance (QA) Testers to test our next unannounced title. You will work with a team of experienced full-time testers and other temporary testers to fully test the title and prepare it for release to the public. Please read below for qualifications and information regarding the hiring process and expected duration of the position.
- Test console and PC games to find software defects (bugs).
- Perform passes to gather game status information and execute test plans.
- Thoroughly and accurately complete all reports and document all issues.
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adhere to all studio and department guidelines.
- Proficient with and knowledgeable about Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, observational, and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work within a team environment and independently with minimal guidance.
- Availability to work a full-time schedule (40 hours/week) as well as overtime on nights and weekends on short notice.
- Reside in the Champaign-Urbana area, or be willing to commute or relocate at your own expense.
- Knowledge of PS3/PS4 and/or Xbox360/Xbox1 consoles, and/or PC gaming.
- Previous video game or other software QA experience, including knowledge of QA and/or software development databases, processes, and workflows.
- Associates degree or greater.
PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT NOTES Regarding the Hiring Process and Employment Time Frame
- Hiring Process
- Hiring is done in stages over several months in order to maintain reasonable onboarding and training processes. You will be contacted via email if we would like to set up an interview to discuss your qualifications.
- Interviews will likely begin in late 2018 and continue into early 2019.
- It is normal for there to be a delay before contacting applicants after the submission of application materials due to the high volume of applicants and staged hiring.
- Employment Timeframe
- If hired, the current expected employment timeframe would likely have a start date in spring/summer 2019 and an end date in summer 2020.
- Timeframe is subject to change depending on project factors with little notice.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Temporary QA Tester” in the subject line.