Volition is looking for an energetic and passionate character artist to help us with rigging and exporting our characters on our next title! You will work with a tightly-knit group of internal and external character artists, and be an essential part of the character art pipeline to maximize its efficiency.
- Assembling assets in Maya
- Organization and integration of incoming assets
- Rigging of character assets in our in-house tools
- Work directly with the character art team, reporting to the lead character artist
- Maintain consistency through regular critique and mentorship
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Have a passion for games
- Fluent knowledge of Maya, Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Strong understanding of a physically based workflow
- Game industry experience as a character artist
- Knowledge of UE4, Unity or other game engines/editors
- Experience with other game engines
- Traditional art skills
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio/work samples to [email protected] with “Temp Character Artist” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” link below.