Volition is seeking an experienced, creative problem-solver to join our team as a Technical Artist to help us develop the next Saints Row title!. You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, animators, and programmers, helping to define and implement tools and pipelines.
You will have the opportunity to push the quality of content through the continued development of cutting-edge tools and pipelines for next-gen game development.
An exceptional candidate is technically savvy, has a background working with cinematics and animation, understands animation workflows and tech pipelines, and actively fosters a culture of helping everyone make their ideas strong.
- Working on animations in Maya (particularly using mocap data)
- Developing tools with Python 2.7 in Maya
- Familiarity with facial animation systems
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Developing pipeline, workflow and tools with a focus on in-game cinematics
- Experience with MelScript in Maya
- Rigid/Soft-body simulation in Maya
- Animating characters for in-game cinematics
- Rigging characters in Maya including control rigs, constraints, skin weights, blendshapes, etc.
- Experience with 3DS Max or Motionbuilder
- Developing tools in 3DS Max or Motionbuilder
- Samples, demonstrations or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges.
- Encouraged but not required: Art portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent with both CG and traditional art skills.
Do you want to join the development team and get to work on the next Saints Row game? To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and sample work to [email protected] with “Technical Animator” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.