Website Deep Silver Volition
The Studio Production Director is responsible for developing an effective Production-specific culture at Volition. The Studio Production Director oversees Production-specific staffing, training, and processes. The Studio Production Director assists in the hiring process for their discipline, to ensure the candidate meets the necessary quality bar for hiring. The Studio Production Director is also the primary point of contact and responsibility for any non-project work related to the Production.
The Studio Production Director reports directly to the Studio Development Director (SDD). The Studio Production Director works within guidelines and processes developed by the SDD, and Human Resources (HR), but may have to use independent judgement when necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the job. The Production Director also works together with other Studio Directors to create a consistent and optimal cross-discipline dynamic in support of Deep Silver Volition and the employee workforce.
The Studio Production Director will maintain an expert understanding of the Production processes that are being used in the industry. The Studio Production Director will use that knowledge of their discipline to improve best practices, resulting in superior quality and/or efficiency in their work.
- Develop on-going training and development opportunities for employees.
- Provide pathways for employees to develop new skills when need is identified.
- Be knowledgeable of project tools, pipelines and approval processes.
- Stay up to date with relevant industry processes as it relates to Production
- Administer employee feedback, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Work with other Studio Directors and HR to ensure that feedback, promotion, disciplinary, and hiring processes are as consistent as possible across the studio.
- Facilitate critique processes to ensure that critiques are delivered effectively.
- Work with Production and Outsourcing Managers to develop and execute a Production staffing plan for the project and monitor outsourcing process.
- Participate in the recruiting process to ensure effectiveness.
- 10+ years of applicable game industry experience as a Lead or Project Director.
- An in-depth understanding of how game development works.
- Fluent knowledge of Production technology and tools.
- 3+ years of experience in managing people.
- Exceptional and proven leadership qualities and abilities.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable area/discipline — or equivalent education and experience.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Constructive listening skills.
- Ability to apply strong problem-solving skills and business judgement in a complex environment.
- High level of honesty, integrity and work ethic.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing work needs.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Studio Production Director” in the subject line.