The Studio Production Director is responsible for developing an excellent Production department at Volition, and is one of a team of leaders that collectively manage the business of the studio.
The Studio Production Director reports directly to the General Manager (GM) and works within guidelines and processes developed by the GM, the Chief Creative Officer (CCO), and Human Resources (HR), but will use independent judgement to carry out the responsibilities of the job. The Studio Production Director will collaborate with Studio Leadership, which includes the Studio Directors, CCO, GM, and Managers.
This is a remote-friendly position. We are open to considering candidates who would like to work from our Studio in Champaign, IL, and we are also open to considering candidates who desire to work remotely.
- Manage the performance of production department employees, ensuring standards are met, administrating employee reviews, promotions, and disciplinary actions.
- Manage the career development of production department employees, providing guidance, coaching, training, skill development opportunities, and culture development.
- Coordinate with HR on production department performance and career development, including recruitment, hiring, and disciplinary actions.
- Coordinate with Project Teams and Studio Leadership to maintain and execute upon production department staffing plans.
- Collaborate with Project Teams and Studio Leadership in defining high level production tools, production methodology, and critique process.
- Collaborate with Studio Leadership to make performance management, career development, and staffing processes as effective and consistent as possible across the studio.
- Collaborate with Studio Leadership in Volition’s business planning and operations.
- Be knowledgeable of project tools, pipelines, and approval processes.
- Be knowledgeable of modern industry production tools and methodologies.
- Act as point of contact for any non-project work related to Production.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of applicable game industry experience as a Lead or Project Director.
- An in-depth understanding of how game development works.
- An in-depth of understanding of production and project management methodology.
- Fluent knowledge of Production technology and tools.
- 1+ years of experience in personnel management.
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable area/discipline — or equivalent education and experience.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically.
- Constructive listening skills.
- Ability to apply strong problem-solving skills and business judgement in a complex environment.
- High level of honesty, integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to effectively respond and adapt to changing business needs and direction.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and work samples to [email protected] with “Studio Production Director” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below. When you apply, in the body of your email please indicate your preference between working in our studio vs. working remotely. If it is your preference to work remotely, please also indicate which state in the U.S. you intend to work remotely from.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.