Volition is seeking an energetic, driven, and skilled tools programmer to participate in the development of technology for our next generation of titles. You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers and will have the opportunity to develop and enhance systems for large scale open world games. We are considering applicants for a senior or principal programming position.
- Develop and enhance editors and tools for AAA Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC titles
- Develop and enhance data pipelines for all of our titles
- Collaborate with content creators to create and expand internal development tools
- Extensive C/C++ programming skills with an in depth understanding of software construction
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles as applied to architecting systems for use in large scale code bases and teams
- Significant development experience in the game tools/editor area
- Familiarity with open-world engine concepts like streaming, memory management and multi-threading
- Ability to debug efficiently on multiple platforms
- Demonstrated ability of strong communication and collaboration on a team
- Experience developing in Python
- Experience developing AAA titles on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 consoles
- Experience with code optimization
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and code samples to [email protected] with “Senior Tools Programmer” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below.