Volition is seeking an experienced and passionate problem-solver to fill the role of Senior Technical Artist. You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers, using industry-standard applications and one of the strongest Python-based tools frameworks in the industry.
You will have the opportunity to push the quality of content through the continued development of cutting-edge tools and pipelines for next-gen game development.
We are considering qualified applicants for a senior or principal technical artist position.
- Design and assist in developing tools and pipelines for Artists and Designers.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing art pipelines and identify potential solutions.
- Assist artists, programmers and designers in researching and developing new tools game features.
- Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3D software package (3ds Max, Maya, Blender, etc.)
- Must be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages, such as Python.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail and end-user experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the game industry or equivalent.
- Samples, demonstrations or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges.
- Encouraged but not required: Art portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent with both CG and traditional art skills.
To apply, please send your resume, sample work, and a cover letter to [email protected] with “Senior Technical Artist” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative, and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.