Volition is seeking a Producer with a genuine interest in the success of others to work with an experienced, forward-thinking team building large-scale sandbox games. The production responsibilities shift often, but the following provides a broad description of possible responsibilities.
Deep Silver Volition has created original, smash hit games for over 20 years, including the Saints Row series. The studio has prospered by making games no one else can make, focusing on work-life balance, and developing a culture of collaboration, continuous growth, and learning. Volition is located in the heart of Champaign, Illinois – the best kept secret in the Midwest. Champaign has all the activities, amenities, and diversity of much larger cities, but without the traffic and high cost of housing.
- Work with the team to identify problems and opportunities.
- Work with the team to conceive and implement creative solutions.
- Work with the team to manage deliverables or specific areas of work.
- Maintain high level project goals and assist with project schedules.
- Assess processes and suggest potential solutions.
- Manage internal and external risks that could impact project constraints.
- Support external partners and publishing teams.
- Manage project development logistics and budgets.
- Help support and communicate the project vision.
- Regularly review the game and provide feedback.
- Provide motivation and support to team members.
- Remain current on industry trends and competitive product.
- Complete other tasks assigned by the Lead and Executive Producer.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience developing video games as a member of a production team, preferably on AAA projects.
- Excellent communication, organization, problem solving & decision-making capabilities.
- Strong understanding of project management and game development methods.
- The ability to manage your own time and succeed autonomously.
- The ability to multitask and be flexible about changing role requirements.
- The ability to use your experience to mentor junior production staff.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Maintain a solution-oriented approach to development.
- The ability to evaluate games both as a consumer and as a professional.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Producer” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.