Volition is searching for a Mission Designer for the Saints Row franchise to join our team, to implement missions on an ambitious and exciting open world game. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in mission and/or level design for AAA action games.
This is a remote-friendly position. We are open to considering candidates who would like to work from our Studio in Champaign, IL, and we are also open to considering candidates who desire to work remotely.
Deep Silver Volition has created original, smash hit games for over 20 years, including the Saints Row series. The studio has prospered by making games no one else can make, focusing on work-life balance, and developing a culture of collaboration, continuous growth, and learning. Volition is located in the heart of Champaign, Illinois – the best kept secret in the Midwest. Champaign has all the activities, amenities, and diversity of much larger cities, but without the traffic and high cost of housing.
Work on cross-discipline teams to design and implement missions, activities, and other gameplay content. For each area of responsibility, the Mission Designer is expected to do the following:
- Drive the planning, scripting, pacing, implementation, and polish of several missions.
- Ensure that relevant team members understand high-level goals for assigned missions as well as low-level specifications, dependencies, and workflows.
- Evangelize for the needs of the player.
- Provide input on milestone work assignments, estimates, and dependencies for related goals and tasks.
- Anticipate risks and provide contingency solutions and timelines.
- Ensure deliverables meet expectations for completeness, quality, balance, vision, and player emotion.
- May be tasked with other duties and responsibilities in support of the project design team.
- At least 2 years of professional industry experience in mission or level design.
- Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically.
- In-depth understanding of how to work with other disciplines together to create fun, engaging experiences for the player.
- Open minded, with a knack for inspiring others and building consensus.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience with game development toolsets such as Unreal and Unity.
- Strong communication, documentation, and organizational skills.
- Passion for games and ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically. A broad knowledge base of console action and open world games.
- Ambition to create a Game of the Year title.
Sample Work Required:
- Please provide samples of your design work, either downloadable and playable missions or instructions for playing missions in shipped products. Other samples may be acceptable (e.g., videos).
- Any supplemental materials demonstrating skills relevant to this position are also encouraged.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and work samples to [email protected] with “Mission Designer” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below. When you apply, in the body of your email please indicate your preference between working in our studio vs. working remotely. If it is your preference to work remotely, please also indicate which state in the U.S. you intend to work remotely from.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.