Deep Silver Volition is looking for a Lighting Artist to join our studio for the development of our next exciting open-world game!
This position requires an understanding of modern real-time lighting techniques and an eye for artistic excellence. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of cinematography, color theory, storytelling and the physical qualities of light.
- Work with Art and Design to create compelling and dramatic lighting for our worlds, gameplay and cinematics
- Maintain a balance between visual quality and performance requirements
- Match the established visual style for the game with regard to lighting execution
- 5+ Years of industry experience, preferably focused on lighting
- Working knowledge of modern lighting techniques in next-gen video games
- Knowledge of physically-based materials and shaders
- Knowledge of color space
- Understanding of the open-world experience
- Experience with Max/Maya, Photoshop, and other 3rd party software used in lighting
- Experience in color grading and other post-processing
- Self-motivated and has the ability to work and solve problems
- Highly organized with the ability to adhere to production schedules
- Well-developed communication skills and strong work ethic
- A strong understanding of color theory and the influences of lighting on mood and story
- Candidate must submit an online portfolio to be considered
- AAA development experience
- Training in traditional art mediums (painting or photography)
- Experience with current real-time game lighting technology
- Experience with lighting using a Physically Based Renderer
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected] with “Lighting Artist” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below.