Volition is seeking an experienced, creative problem-solver to join our team as an HR Generalist. As a generalist, you will help to broadly support the HR function at Volition in close collaboration with the HR Manager and the rest of our management team. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with administering payroll, insurance benefits, and recruiting, with a solid understanding of the employment laws and best practices that guide these areas.
While the HR Generalist will be working under the supervision of the HR Manager and within existing guidelines/processes/standards, this position will often require the use of independent judgement, and ideally the unique experiences and background that you bring to the position will help grow and evolve Volition and its HR department.
- Administration of bi-weekly payroll processes and timekeeping system
- Administration of group insurance benefits
- Assist with recruiting
- Assist with onboarding and orientation for new hires
- Act as general source of support to employees for their HR-related needs
- Assist with the maintenance, enforcement, and creation of company policies
- Assist with the planning and execution of company events
- Maintaining HR records and assisting HR Manager with related reporting
- Assist with HR projects (e.g., internship programs, training initiatives, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in an HR role
- Associate’s Degree in a related field (such as HR, Business, Psychology, etc.)
- Experience with payroll administration
- Experience with group insurance benefits administration
- Experience with recruiting
- Strong computer skills (especially Excel)
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of honesty, integrity and work ethic
- Ability to apply strong problem-solving skills and business judgement in a complex environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (such as HR, Business, Psychology, etc.)
- Experience administering a 401(k) plan
- Experience with large group insurance benefits
- Experience with recruiting on a national level (i.e., recruiting candidates from outside the local job market)
- Experience with managing direct reports
What We Offer:
- Collaborative, open and pleasant studio environment
- Attractive health benefits plan and 401(k)
- Access to our fitness room, game room, and regular company events
- Various free fruit, snack, and drink options
- The fun of helping our team make awesome games
Join the Volition team and become part of a collaborative work environment that allows you to grow your skills and implement your own ideas!
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected], with “HR Generalist” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.