Website Deep Silver Volition
Volition is seeking an energetic, driven, and skilled gameplay programmer to participate in the development of technology for our next generation of titles. You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers and you will have the opportunity to build systems for large-scale open world games.
Tired of high cost of living and long daily commutes? Check out what Volition and Champaign, Illinois have to offer.
We are considering applicants for a mid-level programming position.
- Develop and enhance gameplay systems for AAA Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC titles
- Collaborate heavily with designers and artists
- Extensive C/C++ programming skills with an in depth understanding of software construction
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles as applied to architecting systems for use in large-scale code bases and teams
- 2+ years of professional game development experience
- Familiarity with building gameplay systems, and/or developing scripted missions
- Ability to debug efficiently on multiple platforms
- Demonstrated ability of strong communication and collaboration on a team
- Experience developing AAA titles on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 consoles
- Experience with visual scripting
- Multiplayer development experience
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and code samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Gameplay Programmer” in the subject line.