Volition is seeking an energetic, driven, and skilled gameplay programmer to participate in the development of technology for the next Saints Row title! You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers and you will have the opportunity to build systems for large-scale open world games.
Tired of high cost of living and long daily commutes? Check out what Volition and Champaign, Illinois have to offer.
We are considering applicants for a mid-level programming position.
- Develop and enhance gameplay systems for AAA Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC titles
- Collaborate heavily with designers and artists
- Extensive C/C++ programming skills with an in depth understanding of software construction
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles as applied to architecting systems for use in large-scale code bases and teams
- 2+ years of professional game development experience
- Familiarity with building gameplay systems, and/or developing scripted missions
- Ability to debug efficiently on multiple platforms
- Demonstrated ability of strong communication and collaboration on a team
- Experience developing AAA titles on Xbox One or PlayStation 4 consoles
- Experience with visual scripting
- Multiplayer development experience
To apply, please send your resume, code samples, and a statement of passion to [email protected] with “Gameplay Programmer” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below. The statement of passion should tell us what it is about the job, the industry, Volition’s games, etc. that excites you to be a part of. The length of the statement is up to you; write as little or as much as you want to get your point across. We care more about what it is you are saying than the length of it.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.