Volition has a community of loyal, passionate fans. We need a welcoming, energetic, and genuine personality to manage Volition’s community. As Community Manager, you will engage with our existing community, welcome new fans to the fold, and represent Volition on a local and global stage.
The ideal candidate is driven, motivated, and capable of devising and implementing strategies for community building and engagement. Volition needs somebody who has experience in crowd sourcing, and social media. The community manager must also maintain strong relationships with our publisher community teams, marketing, PR, and external partners around the world.
This is a remote-friendly position. We are open to considering candidates who would like to work from our Studio in Champaign, IL, and we are also open to considering candidates who desire to work remotely.
Deep Silver Volition has created original, smash hit games for over 20 years, including the Saints Row series. The studio has prospered by making games no one else can make, focusing on work-life balance, and developing a culture of collaboration, continuous growth, and learning. Volition is located in the heart of Champaign, Illinois – the best kept secret in the Midwest. Champaign has all the activities, amenities, and diversity of much larger cities, but without the traffic and high cost of housing.
- Define analytical controls and KPIs for your programs to ensure efficacy
- Make social media posts, comment in forums, and conduct interviews
- Plan and execute online and offline community projects and events
- Grow the Volition community through daily engagement
- Craft and implement crisis communication when necessary
- Measure community sentiment and present to the studio in regular reports
- Seek and establish collaborations and partnerships with fan sites, influencers, etc., to promote and grow the Volition community
- Support other teams within the organization (i.e., brand, marketing, PR, development, video) on community, social and marketing initiatives, including the launch of Volition’s AAA games
- Partner with HR, video, and studio management to devise and promote recruitment initiatives
- Manage Volition’s social channels, website, and other public facing communications.
- Keep team apprised of key challenges within our player community and work with team members to resolve any challenges that arise
- Contribute to the establishment of best practices/procedures & identification of new social trends, platforms
- Plan, host, and distribute videos and online streams
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in managing communities, social media channels and content for a gaming, entertainment, large consumer, or technology company
- A passion for and knowledge of Volition’s gaming franchises and history
- A passion for current trends in gaming, TV, movies and overall pop culture
- Expert understanding of best practices standards for all social media channels
- Experience with social media project management, scheduling, analytics and sentiment monitoring tools
- Experience in developing and implementing community strategy in a brand conscious organization
- Self-motivated and ability to independently develop new initiatives
- Excellent verbal, written, and spoken communication skills with practical experience in writing and editing articles and posts
- Savvy and knowledgeable of social media platforms, APIs, trends and innovations
- Able to travel as required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience in photo / video editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere an advantage
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and work samples to [email protected] with “Community Manager” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below. When you apply, in the body of your email please indicate your preference between working in our studio vs. working remotely. If it is your preference to work remotely, please also indicate which state in the U.S. you intend to work remotely from.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative, and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.