Deep Silver Volition is looking for a Cinematic Artist to join our studio for the development of our next exciting open-world game! This position will work on cross-discipline teams as well as with outsourcing to implement and iterate content for an AAA product.
- Work closely with the cinematic lead, art director and narrative director to create cinematic storyboards, animatics, and previsualization.
- Integrate cinematics from Maya to in-game cinematic engine.
- Ability to identify problems and propose solutions, and work within technical restrictions.
- Ability to communicate both written and visual ideas effectively.
- Experience getting real time cinematics to work in a game engine.
- Experience with Previsualization, Autodesk Maya, Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop.
- Storyboarding, Adobe After Effects, Motion Capture cleanup is a plus.
- Post-high school education in a cinematic art relevant discipline; emphasis on game development preferred.
- Positive, professional attitude. Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic. Being collaborative and having a team-oriented mindset is a requirement.
- Strong sense of visual storytelling, shot composition, camera movement, editing, and film language.
- Ability to work within constraints of a real time cinematics engine.
- Proactive in seeking feedback and resolving issues.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to multitask and be flexible about changing role requirements.
- Passion for games and ability to articulate the pursuit of that passion as a career clearly and analytically. A broad knowledge base of console games.
Sample Work Required:
Please provide samples of storyboarding, previs, or cinematic work. Any supplemental materials demonstrating skills relevant to this position are also encouraged.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and sample work to [email protected] with “Cinematic Artist” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below.