Volition is searching for a talented audio designer. The ideal candidate has a blend of technical and creative skills to drive innovation and improve audio quality.
This is a remote-friendly position, but we are also happy to consider candidates who would like to work from our studio in Champaign, IL. If you’re tired of high cost of living and long daily commutes, check out what Champaign has to offer!
- Implement audio assets using Wwise and proprietary tools.
- Take direction from the Lead Audio Designer and offer audio team support as needed.
- Collaborate across disciplines to help identify and deliver on audio needs.
- Produce high quality audio assets to be used in-game.
- Apply strong technical and creative editing skills to fit assets into playback systems.
- At least 1 year of professional experience as an Audio Designer
- Experience with Game Audio Middleware
- Experience with industry standard DAWs.
- Passion for games and ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Positive, professional attitude.
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication, including the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Experience with Wwise.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming and visual scripting.
- College Degree, Audio Certification, or similar education.
Sample Work Required:
Please include a sample with your application. The sample work must include sound effects synced to video. If the video includes music, please provide a version with only sound effects.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter and work samples to [email protected] with “Audio Designer” in the subject line, or click on the “Apply for Job” button below. When you apply, in the body of your email please indicate your preference between working in our studio vs. working remotely. If it is your preference to work remotely, please also indicate which state in the U.S. you intend to work remotely from.
At Deep Silver Volition we believe in fostering an open, collaborative, and diverse environment, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, veteran status, or military status.