Volition is seeking an experienced and passionate problem-solver to fill the role of Senior Technical Artist. You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers, using one of the strongest Python-based tools frameworks in the industry. You will have the opportunity to push the quality of content through the continued development of cutting-edge tools and pipelines for next-gen game development. We are considering qualified applicants for a senior or principal technical artist position.
- Design and assist in developing tools and pipelines for Artists and Designers.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing pipelines and identify potential solutions.
- Improve and enhance tools/processes throughout the project cycle.
- Assist programmers and designers in researching and developing new game features.
- Assist in checking art content against technical guidelines prior to integration in the game.
- Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3D software package (3ds Max, Maya, MotionBuilder).
- Must be able to work comfortably with common scripting languages, such as Python.
- Demonstrated initiative and strong problem-solving skills.
- 4+ years of experience in the game industry or equivalent.
- Samples, demonstrations or documentation of tools pipelines developed to overcome past challenges.
- Encouraged but not required: Art portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent with both CG and traditional art skills.
Please send cover letter, resume, and samples via link below