Deep Silver Volition is seeking an energetic, driven, and creative concept artist to help define the look of our titles. You will be working in a collaborative environment of artists, designers, and programmers and will have the opportunity to contribute to the projects well beyond the bounds of great looking concept art.
- Contribute to the game vision, other disciplines, and the team by communicating through concepts
- Inspire the team by exploring and defining the setting, tone and mood of the game through richly detailed and inspiring concept art
- Create concept art that is clear, concise, and easily readable for production artists to take into fully realized 3D assets
- Collaborate with other team members from varied disciplines to drive the game vision forward
- At least 5 years of applicable game industry experience – leadership experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of lighting, anatomy, composition, perspective, color theory, scale, proportion, value and architectural design
- Be an expert in Photoshop but any additional software packages such as 3D software for scene blocking is a plus
- Communicate ideas visually as well as verbally
- Ability to give and receive critique from all members of the team
Sample work required:
- Current samples of 2D art work including digital paintings, sketches, direction sheets, etc
- Current samples of any relevant 3D game artwork
Please send resume, cover letter, and sample work via the link below.